BLAZE Retail can sync your current product menu to Weedmaps! This allows you to update your menu in one place instead of jumping between websites, saving you time, hassle, and error.
This article will help existing BLAZE clients integrate with V2 Weedmaps. The process takes a few steps: (1) retrieving a WMID for each dispensary, (2) setting the POS Menu Integrations to BLAZE, (3) syncing BLAZE Categories with Weedmaps' Categories, and (4) syncing desired products with Weedmaps. Navigate to the section(s) below for a step-by-step walkthrough.
Things to keep in mind:
Before switching to V2: Click the Reset Sync button on the Integration Settings page for Weedmaps.
- By pressing Reset Sync (see notes below for more info on Reset Sync), you will delete all BLAZE products on your current Weedmaps listing.
- After deleting the menu, click Sync Menu to push your BLAZE Retail products live to your Weedmaps listing. This may take 1-2 minutes.
- Upload custom product images on BLAZE before syncing to the Weedmaps menu.
- BLAZE's default images will not show up in the product listing. If product category images have been uploaded, these will be synced to the product image on the Weedmaps menu.
- Unpublishing / Republishing / Deleting Products: Products remain verified when republished.
- 'Inactivating' a product on BLAZE will unpublish the product from the Weedmaps menu.
- If inventory goes below the threshold or hits 0, then the product will be unpublished on the Weedmaps menu. It will be republished on the Weedmaps menu once you add inventory to this product on BLAZE (as long as it is still active and Weedmaps enabled).
- Deleting a product in BLAZE will permanently delete it from Weedmaps.
- Syncing Products:
- Disabling a Weedmaps sync for a product on BLAZE will permanently delete it from the Weedmaps menu.
- The Reset Sync does not actually "delete" all products from Weedmaps: it will only remove all of the BLAZE products. If there are products already in your Weedmaps account that didn't come from BLAZE sync, those will need to be unpublished/removed from the Weedmaps backend manually.
- Unfortunately, this would remove any previously verified products.
Setting up in Weedmaps
In order to start the integration, you will need your WMID (Weedmap ID) that you get when you create a new Dispensary in Weedmaps.
NOTE: If you have a multi-location company, you will need to set up each Weedmaps account for each location.
1. Navigate to your Weedmaps account. Under My Dispensaries, copy the WMID from the desired Dispensary.
2. Once you have the WMID, click the Action button and select Edit.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page to the POS Menu Integrations v2 section. Click the orange Select Your POS text.
4. From the dropdown, select BLAZE and click the green Save button.
Setting Up in BLAZE
1. Once you have the WMID, navigate to BLAZE Retail. From Global Settings, select the Integration Settings section, and click the Weedmaps tab.
2. On the Version 2 page, click the blue Add Weedmaps Account button.
3. Click the blue Add Pin button and enter the Pin Name, Listing ID, and select Region. When done, click the blue Save button.
- Pin Name: This is commonly named after the Dispensary Name in Weedmaps.
- Listing ID: This is the WMID that is generated when you create a new Dispensary in Weedmaps. (https://weedmaps.com/new_admin/dispensaries)
- Regions: These options are defined and managed in BLAZE in Regions within the Company Settings section in Global Settings.
- NOTE: The region set MUST match the region of the desired inventory to pull from.
- Set the Status to Active (This will disable Version 1 if that is already set up)
- NOTE: BLAZE recommends to keep this "Inactive" until all categories and products have been mapped out. This ensures that V1 is still live while setting up V2.
- NOTE: Before setting status to Active, unpublish all items in WM by clicking the Reset Sync button. If this step is skipped, duplicates will appear in WM.
4. Click on the blue Authorize Token button to authorize the BLAZE application to sync with Weedmaps. This may redirect you to Weedmaps to login.
Syncing BLAZE Categories with Weedmaps Categories
Once the Authorization status is Authorized, you can start syncing the categories.
1. On the Version 2 Weedmaps page in the Integration Settings section, find the Manage Menu area.
- Click the 3 lines next to Map Products to select the desired BLAZE Category to set up.
- Match the Weedmaps Category with the selected BLAZE Category.
- NOTE: Weedmaps Brands and Products can be set from the Inventory section. These brands and products will populate to their corresponding products. Established products in Weedmaps do not allow tags and/or levels to be modified. All established tags and/or levels will appear here.
2. If the Weedmaps Brand has not been linked to the product though, it can be set here by clicking the blue Map Product button.
3. A popup will appear, check the products you wish to sync to Weedmaps. Click the Map Product button
4. The Weedmaps Brand will be set to Custom, by default. If this is a verified Weedmaps Brand, click the pen icon of the desired product to map
5. Enter in the name of the Verified Weedmaps Brand and the name of the Product.
- NOTE: This name may not exactly match your product's name
- Click the blue Checkmark button to save
- Repeat for all Verified Weedmaps Brands
6. Select the product(s) you wish to update with tags in Weedmaps
- NOTE: These cannot be Verified Weedmaps Products
- Click the blue Update Products button
- A popup will appear, enter: Brand, Tag Group, Discovery Tag, Secondary Level, Third Level, and Fourth Level
- Tag Group: These tags determine how the products are discovered
- Discovery Tag: These tags determine how the products are discovered
- Secondary Level: These tags are additional tags / categories for the product
- Third Level: These tags are additional tags / categories for the product
- Fourth Level: These tags are additional tags / categories for the product
- NOTE: Most shops only use the Main and Second Level Categories in Weedmaps
- Click the Save button
- Repeat steps 1-6 for all categories
Syncing BLAZE Products with Weedmaps
Once the categories are lined up, now it’s time to enable syncing on a per-product basis.
BLAZE Retail gives you the ability to choose which products are shown on Weedmaps and which are not.
1. On BLAZE Web Retail, navigate to the Inventory section and select the All category.
2. Using the mass selector, select the products you want to show on Weedmaps. Click the Select Action button.
3. Use the Select Action dropdown to select Change Weedmaps Status
- A pop up will appear
- Set the dropdown to Active
- Click Save
- From any product category page, click the Sync to Weedmaps button to push your menu changes to Weedmaps
- You have now mass-selected products to be synced to Weedmaps